10 workout secrets from professional trainer Coach Jeff Ravenscroft
Are you one of the overwhelming majority of folks that finds themselves slipping right back into the same routines, no matter how many times you try to make your workout stick? You’re constantly gym-shopping or “too busy” to get that twenty minutes in and next thing you know, it’s December again and your weightloss goals are unattainable. Jeff Ravenscroft, a personal fitness trainer and coach, has 10 surefire tips to help you form good habits and finally get you to your weightloss goals this year.
- Be Consistent – commit to lifting at least twice weekly. Once a week or month is hard to see results.
- Follow an Effective Exercise Routine – try several until you find what works for you the best.
- Set Realistic Goals – don’t strive for perfection or an improbable goal that can’t be met, focus instead on increasing healthy behaviors.
- Use the Buddy System – or even better an accountability partner!
- Make Your Plan Fit Your Life – No Time is not a valid excuse to not working out. You must plan is you plan to be successful!
- Be Happy – Be sure to pick an activity you actually enjoy doing, again, find what you like and enjoy it.
- Watch the body clock – determine when is best for you train during the day. Everyone is different, find what time of day works for you.
- Call In the Pros – sometimes hiring a professional trainer for a month or so is a great way to kick start your workout routine.
- Get Inspired – who inspires you and why. Part of staying motivated is finding out who or what inspires you.
- Be Patient – nobody changes over night. Barry Sanders and Michael Jordan didn’t become hall-of-famers overnight.